I’ve been inspired by her ideas of creating rituals before, but this video made it clearer for me that these rituals can be very small moments rather than complicated and grand events.
In this video, she also talks about using rituals for transitions and to honour emotions.
Here’s my beginning of a list of meaningful moments that I could enjoy:
- Read a book in the garden
- Have a bath with essential oils
- Create a piece of artwork
- Learn a piece of music on the violin
- Walk in the woods or by the beach
- Knit or crochet a square for my ongoing blanket project
- Learn some yoga
- Make and drink some fresh mint tea
- Bake a cake or some bread
- Write down three things I am grateful for
- Read a poem
- Write out an inspiring quotation
- Admire a plant or tree
- Practise calligraphy
- Research and write a blog post
- Make a piece of jewellery
- Watch the clouds
- Listen to an album
- Read an inspiring magazine
- Take and edit a photograph
- Write and send a postcard on Postcrossing
- Play a board game
- Cook a delicious meal
Maybe I should try to incorporate a certain number of these moments into each week. Perhaps three per week to begin with?
In a synchronous coincidence, today’s micro-action on the YOU app was to Do one thing mindfully, which seemed to link well with the idea of small moments.
What other ideas do you have for meaningful moments?